Monday, January 8, 2018

Owl Post #198


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hello booklovers and welcome to the first Owl Post of 2018! Can you believe we're in 2018?!?! I certainly can't; time is just going too quick!
It's been a while since I've shared an Owl Post. My last was in November I think, so I've got a few books to share with you today :) 

For Review:
From Hot Keys Books/Allen & Unwin:
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
This seems to be a highly anticipated novel in the bookish community and I've enjoyed Holly's novels in the past so I'm defintely looking forward to diving into this one.

....Thank you guys!
 ______________________________

From Bloomsbury:
-   Libby in the Middle by Gwyneth Rees 
 - The Firefly Code by Megan Frazer Blakemore 
Both of these novels seem directed to the younger audience, so I'm not sure how likely I'll actually read them although I am more likely to try The Firefly Code if I'm being honest as it seems more my style.

.....Thank you guys!


I Bought:
Gilded Cage by Vic James
I read Gilded Cage in ARC form but received a finished copy of book two for review so I wanted to get myself a finished copy of book one too. 
 
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake 
I originally read Three Dark Crowns via Netgalley and seeing as I just got a copy of book two, this was another one I wanted to have a physical copy of. 
 
The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin 
I about fell off my chair when I heard Michelle Hodkin was writing more novels featuring Mara and Noah and simply HAD to get a copy asap. Can't wait to read this!
 
Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
 One of my favourite series is the Starbound trilogy so words cannot say how excited to read this duo's latest novel together. Seriously. Soooooooo excited! Oh and this edition is SIGNED by both authors from their Australian tour which I unfortunately wasn't able to go to :( Still, signed book so very happy!

One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
My brother kind of broke the "no buying Rachel books for Christmas" rule we have in our house and gave me a QBD voucher for Christmas that I got this and Renegades with :) Looking forward to reading this!

Renegades by Marissa Meyer 
Renegades totally makes me think of Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson so I'm excited to read it. Sounds really good.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore 
Bewitching by Alex Flinn 
Hidden by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast 
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I LOVE going to second hand/charity stores and raiding their book departments. I always manage to find some great second hand books in brilliant condition for next to nothing. I've been meaning to get a copy of Night Circus for a while and found this HARDBACK for $4 is freaking PERFECT condition! Score. I've also been wanting to give Fangirl a go for a while and I enjoy Alex Flinn so I'm looking forward to reading Bewitching as I loved Beastly.

- Divine by Blood by P.C. Cast
- Divine by Choice by P.C. Cast
- Divine by Mistake by P.C. Cast
Model Misfit by Holly Smale 
- Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine
- Alpha by Rachel Vincent
More books from charity stores. Bitter Blood and Alpha were $2 while the read were all $1.50. I mean come on; they're perfect, no marks, no tears, no cracks in the spines even--had to get them.

- Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan
Geekerella by Ashley Poston  
Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend 
- Silver Silence by Nalini Singh
So. Target had a 20% off after Christmas sale.....what's a girl to do!?!? I had to get some bookish goodness including the two Rick Riordan latests, Geekerella and Nevermoor which I'm looking forward to reading. Silver Silence I had on pre-order though and it arrived during the Christmas break. Great book; I was actually reading it via Netgalley when the paperback arrived lol. 

And that's me! Quite a few novels I bought and am looking forward to reading. 
What did the owls bring you recently? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo