Sunday, February 18, 2018

Spotlight: Death's Embrace by Janeal Falor- Excerpt

The third novel in Janeal Falor's brilliant Death's Queen series released this week and I'm thrilled to be featuring Death's Embrace on The Rest Is Still Unwritten today. I'm a massive fan of this fantasy series and having just finished Death's Embrace--review to come soon!---I have no hesitation in saying this series just gets better with every installment! 
___________________________

Lost Hope. New Family. Tentative Trust.

A queen without the hope of her country is no queen at all. Knowing this, Ryn undertakes the challenge of regaining the trust and favor of her people, though her chance to do so is slipping through her fingers. To make matters worse, Ranen may be dead, but Daros is actively hunting her, distracting her from her royal duties. With her concentration already split between revenge and duty, she isn’t sure she can handle the new obstacle thrown into her path—a couple who claim to be her long-lost parents.

Despite the turbulent circumstances, Ryn decides to open her arms to her newfound family, but trusting them won’t come easy. As the fight for her country continues, Ryn vows to protect the parents she never thought she’d have. But Ryn’s subjects are restless and she’ll have to find a way to appease them while juggling her new family life… or risk losing it all.


Purchase:

Check out the rest of the series on Goodreads here.
 My Reviews:

From Death's Embrace......

Nash sighs.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“Something is. Tell me.”
He gives me a weak smile. “I’d like to spend some time alone with you. There are always others about.”
Which means I can’t pay much attention to him. The thought warms my cheeks and has me wanting to move closer. “You have me alone now.”
His gaze sends a blaze of fire through me. “And I intend to make full use of it, like I should have been doing all along.”
He leans in closer. My heart flutters. We’re going to kiss.
I haven’t felt his lips against mine in too long a time.
His breath is warm against my lips. Sweet. He is focused on me, no hint of fear clouding his eyes. I have waited for this to happen since he came back to me. There may be greater hope than I thought.
I can almost feel his kiss when there’s a knock on the door.
We bolt apart, heaving for air.
Nash takes a moment to look me over before answering the door. A servant says, “Shillian and Carver Nilmac, Your Majesty.”
The announced two come in, gushing about the trip. I want to shove them both outside, slam the door, and get back to our kiss. Why did they have to come now?
Shillian says, “I’m so grateful you invited us to tour the countryside with you. I’ve spent most of my life in Indell. It will be wonderful to see other areas for a change.”
She continues spouting off, but I have a hard time focusing. I'm only aware of him—Nash. The warmth that so abruptly left. The almost-kiss between us. That’s what I want—his lips against mine.
And if anyone knew, Nash would be dead.

Janeal Falor lives in Utah where she’s finally managed to live in the same house for more than five years without moving. In her spare time she reads books like they’re nuts covered in caramel and chocolate, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and enjoys the outdoors. Her husband and three children try to keep up with her overactive imagination. Usually they settle for having dinner on the table, even if she’s still going on about the voices in her head. 

Visit Janeal:
Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook
 
I want to say congratulations to Janeal Falor on her latest release.! I can't wait for the next novel (no pressure there!) and urge all my followers to check out this brilliant fantasy series!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo